About Shockwave UNLIMITED
- What is Shockwave UNLIMITED?
- How often are new games released on Shockwave UNLIMITED?
- How many Shockwave UNLIMITED trial periods am I entitled to?
Using your Shockwave UNLIMITED subscription
- How do I get full access to downloadable games using my Shockwave UNLIMITED subscription?
- How do I sign into Shockwave UNLIMITED?
- Do I need to sign in every time I visit?
- Can I utilize my Shockwave UNLMITED subscription on more than 1 computer?
- I forgot my password and/or screen name. What should I do?
- How do I review or make changes to my profile, including my password, email preferences, upgrading my billing plan and payment information?
- How do I cancel my Shockwave UNLIMITED subscription?
- If I cancel my Shockwave UNLIMITED subscription, will I still be able to keep the download games I purchased?
Payment and Billing
- When is my credit card charged?
- What payment methods are accepted for purchases made online?
- How can I change my subscription billing plan and what are my options?
- I do not live in the United States. How much will my order cost?
- I signed up for the free trial of Shockwave UNLIMITED but I was billed. What do I do?
- Why was I charged $59.40 when I selected the $4.95 a month subscription plan?
- As a subscriber am I entitled to discounts on games sold at Shockwave?
- I'm having difficulty subscribing, what should I do?
Site Help and Download Tips
- What are the system requirements for Shockwave UNLIMITED?
- I am having difficulty playing my online games.
- I get an error message "Failed to Connect" or "the server has encountered an internal error" when trying to sign into a game downloaded from Shockwave UNLIMITED.
- I'm being prompted to enter in a "security key" after I download a game on my Vista machine
- The game does not play and exits to a "Thank you for Playing" screen on Vista.
- I am attempting to uninstall one of my games and keep receiving "Cannot find: INSTALL.LOG FILE" error.
- I am unable to install my game due to MSVCR71.dll error.
- I am attempting to install a game and keep receiving the "not a valid Win32 application error"
- I am receiving slugs instead of tokens, what do I do?
- I am unable to create a Shockwave UNLIMITED subscription. After I have filled in all of the necessary information and click "next" a message appears asking me to enter to enter the "required fields". What do I do?
- I still have more questions!
What is Shockwave UNLIMITED?
Shockwave UNLIMITED is the advertising free, premium games service from Shockwave. It provides subscribers with access to a vast selection of online and download games.
Premium features also include:
- Access to all exclusive Shockwave online games
- Access to 100s of exclusive daily play puzzles
- An exclusive jigsaw every day
How often are new games released on Shockwave UNLIMITED?
New premium titles are available on a weekly basis.
How many Shockwave UNLIMITED trial periods am I entitled to?
We offer one trial period per customer for Shockwave UNLIMITED per email.
How do I get full access to downloadable games using my Shockwave UNLIMITED subscription?
- Install the game on your computer by clicking the "Download Game" button on the game's main page and following the instructions on the screens that appear. After the game is fully installed, find the game's icon on your desktop, or wherever you installed the game and double click to open it.
- After the game is open, click the "Shockwave UNLIMITED Sign In" button on the intro screen.
- Sign in to the game by entering your Shockwave UNLIMITED screen name and password. Note: You must be online while signing in.
- You're ready to play!
After successful installation, you can play directly from your computer without visiting the Shockwave UNLIMITED website as long as your subscription is active. Please note that you must be online while signing in to the game, but you do do not need to remain online to play.
How do I sign into Shockwave UNLIMITED?
Enter your Shockwave UNLIMITED screen name and password in the appropriate fields located in the upper right corner of the Shockwave page and click the "Sign In" button. Membership names and passwords passwords are case sensitive, so please enter your information accurately.
Do I need to sign in every time I visit?
To use Shockwave UNLIMITED you must sign in. If you want your sign-in information automatically available on future visits click the "Remember me" box and enable cookies on your web browser. For the protection of your privacy, however, there are some areas of the site where you'll still be required to sign in.
Can I utilize my ShockwaveUNLIMITED subscription on more than 1 computer?
You can access your subscription from only one computer at a time.
I forgot my password and/or screen name. What should I do?
Click on the "Forgot Password link?" located in the Sign In section of our homepage. Enter the email address associated with your account and we'll send you a message with your screen name and password. It should arrive within a few minutes.
How do I review or make changes to my profile, including my password, email preferences, upgrading my billing plan and payment information?
Sign in with your screen name and password to gain access to your profile. Click on the "My Shockwave" tab located at the top center of the page, and then click on "Account Settings." Here you can update your password, email address, billing information, and newsletter preferences.
How do I cancel my Shockwave UNLIMITED subscription?
First, sign in to Shockwave UNLIMITED with your user name and password to gain access to your profile. Click the "My Shockwave" tab at the top of the page and then, click on the "Account Settings" button. Then click on "Subscription Settings in the center left panel. Finally, click on the "Cancel" button below the heading "Shockwave UNLIMITED Status." For more information, please review our Cancellation Policy. Note: If you created your Shockwave UNLIMITED subscription using a prepaid subscription card and entered your billing information during the registration process, you must cancel your subscription through your profile page.
If I cancel my Shockwave UNLIMITED subscription, will I still be able to keep the download games I purchased?
Yes. The games you have purchased from Shockwave and/or Shockwave UNLIMITED are yours to keep, even if you cancel your Shockwave UNLIMITED subscription. However, you will no longer be able to play games downloaded from Shockwave UNLIMITED without an active Shockwave UNLIMITED account unless you purchase the game.
When is my credit card charged?
If you selected a plan with a 10-day free trial option, you will be billed on the first day after the trial period has expired. If you signed up for a monthly, three month, or yearly subscription, you will be billed on the first day that your free trial is expired, and then billed again according to the billing plan you selected. Please note that all subscription billing is recurring. This means that if you sign up for a yearly package, for example, you will automatically be billed every year until you cancel or modify your subscription.
What payment methods are accepted for purchases made online?
We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express and PayPal.
Please note that you may not purchase download products using prepaid Shockwave UNLIMITED subscription cards or checking/saving accounts.
How can I change my subscription billing plan and what are my options?
If you would like to change your subscription, visit this page. We offer several different subscription plans. Shockwave UNLIMITED regular subscription pricing is:
- $9.95/month (billed every month)
- $6.95/month ($20.85 billed once every three months)
- $4.95/month ($59.40 billed once a year)
Please note that all subscription billing is recurring. This means that if you sign up for a quarterly package, for example, you will automatically be billed every three months until you cancel or modify your subscription.
I do not live in the United States. How much will my order cost?
All prices listed are in U.S. Dollars. Orders outside the United States must be charged to a credit card that can make international purchases. If your card is not accepted, please try one that can make purchases in U.S. Dollars. The price in your country's currency will depend on the exchange-rate on the day that you make your purchase, as well as regional taxes, if applicable.
I signed up for the free trial of Shockwave UNLIMITED but I was billed. What do I do?
You may cancel anytime during the 10-day trial period and not be charged. However, after the 10-day trial period expires, you are automatically charged using whichever billing option you selected. All billing options are recurring and will continue to be charged at the rate you selected until you cancel or modify your subscription. If you cancel within the first 30 days after your 10-day trial expires, you will be charged for a minimum one-month membership ($9.95), and your subscription will remain active for the remainder of the month. Please contact customer support to request this partial refund. No further charges will be applied to your account. Please note that the 10 day free trial is only available to new Shockwave Unlimited subscriptions. To cancel your subscription at this time, please visit your profile page and click on the "Cancel Subscription" link. For more information, please review our Cancellation Policy.
Why was I charged $59.40 when I selected the $4.95 a month subscription plan?
We do not offer a $4.95 a month subscription plan. The $4.95 you see quoted is what an Annual Shockwave UNLIMITED subscription breaks down to per month, compared to a Monthly subscription for $9.95. The Annual fee for a Shockwave UNLIMITED subscription is $59.40.
As a subscriber am I entitled to discounts on games sold at Shockwave?
It is our goal to provide our subscribers with the best possible value for the hundreds of games we sell. Shockwave offers most of its download games for purchase for as little as $6.99 every day. Shockwave UNLIMITED members can play all the download games on Shockwave with no time limits and without purchase required.
I'm having difficulty subscribing, what should I do?
For assistance with subscribing and answers to common questions about this issue please see: http://www.shockwave.com/help/contact_us?from=swuPurchaseFail
What are the system requirements for Shockwave UNLIMITED?
- Windows 7, 8 or 10
- 1 GHz (32-bit x86) or faster processor (64-bit x64 Recommended)
- 1 GB RAM (2 GB RAM recommended)
- 3D Video Card w/ 32 MB RAM (for 3D Content)
- Browsers: Internet Explorer 10.0 or above, Firefox 7.0 or above, Google Chrome 13 or above
- Macintosh OS 9 or above (some content may not function on OSX)
- 1 GHz or faster processor (2 GHz recommended)
- 1 GB RAM )2 GB RAM recommended)
- 3D Video Card w/ 32MB RAM (for 3D Content)
- Browsers: Firefox 7.0 or above, Safari 3.0 or above, Google Chrome 10 or above
We do not support the use of Windows 98 or earlier, Windows Me, Windows NT, Macintosh 8.x or earlier, Linux, Solaris, Unix, IRIX, or any other operating systems not listed above. We also do not support TV-based or game-based systems (WebTV, etc.). While you may be able to successfully use our site with any of these operating systems, we do not offer technical support for them.
I am having difficulty playing online games.
- Ad-blocking software, home firewalls, or other security software (Norton, ZoneAlarm, etc.) may affect the site's performance. Temporarily disable any ad-blockers or firewalls you have running.
- Check the security zone setting of your Internet browser's preferences. If the security is set too high, you will be blocked from accessing certain sites, including Shockwave.com.
- The issue may be caused by your browser trying to access an old and/or broken version of the page. Please clear your browser's cache, refresh the web page and try again. To clear the cache in Internet Explorer, go to Tools > Internet Options, and under Temporary Files or Browsing history click the "Delete" button. To clear the cache in Firefox (Version 3.5) go to Tools and then "Clear Recent History". Then click on the "Details" button and select "Cache" and click the "Clear Now" button.
I get an error message "Failed to Connect" or "the server has encountered an internal error "when trying to sign into a game downloaded from Shockwave UNLIMITED.
If you downloaded a game and are receiving this error, make sure your Shockwave UNLIMITED account is active and that you are entering the correct screen name and password information when trying to sign in (remember that screen names and passwords are case sensitive). Your computer must also successfully connect to our server to unlock/open the full versions of our games and software.
- Connect to the Internet before opening the program. While you do not need to remain connected to the Internet after you successfully sign in and open the game, you will need to be connected initially, so that your Shockwave UNLIMITED account information can be validated. If you are still experiencing problems please check the following:
- Please check the security zone setting of your Internet browser's preferences. If the security is set too high, you might be blocked from accessing our server.
- Make sure that the date on your computer is set correctly.
- If you use any ad-blocking or security software, please disable it temporarily.
- Make sure you are not behind a firewall or other heightened security measure. The most common cause of this type of error is a firewall, proxy server, or similar product preventing the program from properly contacting the correct servers at Shockwave. If you are unable to temporarily disable your firewall, please try opening ports 80 and 22.
- If you are still unable to unlock your game, please contact us.
I'm being prompted to enter a "security key" after I download a game on my Vista machine.
None of our UNLIMITED games requires a name/key combination to play. The message you see is being generated by Windows Parental Controls or User Access Controls. You may be able to resolve the issue by following the steps below:
- Right-click on the game's icon and choose "Properties"
- Select the Compatibility tab and check the box which reads "Run this program in compatibility mode for".
- From the dropdown menu, select "Windows XP (Service Pack 2) or Windows 98". Also, check the box marked "run as administrator". After this is done, try launching your game again.
The above change to the application's properties must be done while logged in as an administrative user.
Note - If you are currently signed in to the Shockwave UNLIMITED website, most UNLIMITED games will launch automatically without prompting you to re-enter your account information.
The game does not play and exits to "Thank you for Playing" screen on Vista.
Right-click on the game's icon and choose "Properties". Select the Compatibility tab and check the box which reads "Run this program in compatibility mode for". From the dropdown menu, select "Windows XP (Service Pack 2)") or Windows 98. Also, check the box marked "run as administrator". After this is done, try launching your game again.
The above change to the applications properties must be done while logged in as an administrative user.
I am attempting to uninstall one of my games and keep receiving a "Cannot find:INSTALL.LOG FILE" error.
If the uninstaller is not working correctly, you can remove the game by deleting the game's folder directly. To do this, go to the following directory:
After you have opened this directory, you can remove any Shockwave game by deleting the game's folder. For example, if you want to remove Zuma, simply right-click on the folder labeled "Zuma" and select "Delete." As a final step, go to "Add or Remove Programs" in your Control Panel. If the game still appears in your program list, click the "Change/Remove" button. You should receive an error which reads as follows: An error occurred while trying to remove [game name]. It may have already been uninstalled. Would you like to remove [game name] from the Add or Remove programs list? Click "Yes". This should completely remove the game from your computer.
I am unable to install my game due to MSVCR71.dll error, what do I do?
Many of our games require the existence of this particular dll file in your Windows Operating System to complete a successful installation. The error message that you received is most likely an indication that your system is missing the file. This issue may be resolved by using the instructions below to remove and re-install your game. If removing and reinstalling the game does not remedy the issue we suggest that you do a web search for repairing dll errors.
(1) To uninstall any existing copies of the game from your computer go to the Start menu, click the directory for your game and select the "Uninstall" option for your game. (EXAMPLE: Start > My Tribe > "Uninstall My Tribe") If the Uninstall option doesn't appear in your game directory under the Start menu, try to locate the uninstaller file, "UNWISE.EXE" in the game's program folder on your hard drive (EXAMPLE: C:\Program Files\shockwave.com\My Tribe\). Double-click the uninstaller to run it
If you cannot access the uninstaller or the Uninstall option, use "Add/Remove Programs" in your Windows Control Panel.
(2) Reinstall the game using a newly downloaded copy of the installer. To download a new copy of the installer, use the button marked "Download Game" or "Download Free Trial" on the game's page on the Shockwave.website, or if you have purchased the full version, you can use the URL in your registration e-mail.
I am attempting to install a game and keep receiving a "not a valid Win32 application" error.
The symptoms you describe are usually encountered if you use a download accelerator to decrease the time it takes to download files from the Internet. Examples of such programs are NetZip, Go!Zilla, ZipMagic, FlashGet, and GetRight. To resolve this, temporarily disable the download accelerator (refer to your download accelerator software's Help file for instruction). Then re-download the installer. You can use the button marked "Download Game" or "Download Free Trial" on the game's page, or click the URL in your confirmation or registration e-mail to download a new copy of the installer.
I continue to receive slugs instead of tokens, what should I do?
If your tokens are replaced by slugs anytime during game play, this indicates that you are not signed in the Shockwave site. Please sign in before playing the game. If you are signed in and continue to get slugs instead of tokens, you should start earning tokens on the next level or stage of the game.
I am unable to create a Shockwave UNLIMITED subscription. After I have filled in all the necessary information and click "next" I'm told, in red, to enter in all of the "required fields" by the password window. What do I do?
The issue you described usually occurs when you already have a free Shockwave membership. Please enter that information rather than creating a new profile.
I still have more questions!
If you still have more questions, please feel free to contact us.